Our homes are all about livability. We design functionable floorplans for you and your family - build around the way you live each day, and you choose the finishes that d express your unique taste. Quartz or granite countertops? Oak or chestnut cabinets? A deck out back, a porch in the front or maybe both? We want your home to reflect you, so we partner with the most talented Design Consultants to guide you through a selection of premium products to make every detail of your new home beautiful and personal to you, from fixtures to colors to finishes.
How to Prepare for Your Initial Design Visit
1. Visit Our Model Homes.
Our professionally staged model homes showcase tons of design options. Come for a tour-they're a great way to get your creative juices flowing for how you want your home to look! Walk around. Notice the combination of materials. Take note of what you love. While you're at it, feel free to snap a few photos to help you remember the things that you want to recreate in your own home.
2. Get Inspired.
The web is great for shopping, concept-sharing and, most important, pulling together fresh ideas to enhance your home's unique kind of awesome. We've made it even easier to find new inspiration:
- Visit us on Pinterest.com/StanleyMartin page , and start a "My Stanley Martin Home board". Pin to your heart's content and bring the link to your design center appointments.
- Take a look all of the Stanley Martin Home photos on Houzz.com and print, email or save your favorites and share with your design consultant.
- Browse our photo galleries on the neighborhood pages at StanleyMartin.com
3. Come Prepared.
Yes, you've got homework. No, there won't be a test. Just think about your answers to the following questions before your first design appointment:
- What color scheme do I want in my kitchen?
- Do I want the same colors in the bathroom?
- What's my budget?
- What are my must-haves vs. my nice-to-haves?
- What type of flooring do I want? Hardwood, carpet, tile? Which colors?
- What type of appliances do I want in the kitchen?
- Will I want ceiling fans in the bedrooms?
- Do I need extra outlets? Do I want outlets in the closets and pantry?
4. Play With Your Floorplan.
Lucky for you, we offer Interactive floorplans for most of our house designs. You can create floor plans and virtually design your rooms-taking a lot of the guesswork out of everything from gauging the right-sized furniture for your space to assessing where lighting and electrical should be placed. You can create, save and print your favorite, and even had your notes. Don't forget to being this with you to our design center.
5. Have Fun
You're building the home of your dreams. This is the fun part! You'll sift through swatches and samples, but the most important thing to remember is to enjoy the process.