Today is one of those hilarious (non-official) National Days! Today is National Eat Fruit at Work Day! There’s a National day for anything you can imagine:
- January 21 is National Hugging Day
- May 31 is National Smile Day
- July 21 is National Ice Cream Day
- September 6 is National Lazy Mom’s Day
- December 15 is National Cat Herders Day
There’s one day in particular we think is very special - World Habitat Day, October 7.
The United Nations designated the first Monday of October every year as World Habitat Day to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter. The Day is also intended to remind the world that we all have the power and the responsibility to shape the future of our cities and towns.
Every year Habitat for Humanity joins partners around the world to communicate the message that everyone deserves the opportunity for a better future, and that a decent place to live can remove barriers to opportunity, health and success.
Join us on World Habitat Day to help spread the world and aid people in need of decent and affordable housing by supporting your local Habitat for Humanity.
Here’s How You Can Help
- Donate https://www.habitat.org/donate/?keyword=menu-top
- Volunteer https://www.habitat.org/volunteer/near-you
- Shop at Habitat for Humanity https://www.habitat.org/shop
Stanley Martin encourages everyone to do their part to help those in need of shelter and housing. As one of the largest new construction homebuilders, we know all too well, there truly is no place like home.
Welcome Home in Northern Virginia