For everyone hosting family and friends this holiday season, we’ve gathered these five tips to help you make sure your home is in tip-top shape for any expected or unexpected guests!
- Start as soon as possible. Do a bit of deep cleaning each weekend leading up to your event, leaving just last-minute vacuuming and spot cleaning for the day-of. Things like purging your fridge weeks before will make putting away leftovers a breeze and give you a head start on shopping lists for your holiday meals!
- Plan ahead to make your holidays stress-free. Plan ahead with detailed lists to make entertaining painless. From knowing what new trends you want to explore this holiday season to mapping out a dinner menu, you’ll ensure that party time is a fun time with good planning. Also, eliminate extra grocery trips by stopping at a bulk store for essentials like toilet paper, canned goods and drinks.
- Prep your guest room well in advance. During the holidays, your guest room becomes essential. Around five weeks out, take a peek into your extra bedroom or your guest suite in your multigenerational Stanley Martin home. Double-check that there are plenty of storage options, readily available outlets and clean bedding for guests – things like placing an extra charger on the bedside table make your guests feel at home.
- Consider who your guests will be and what they like. Planning for an adults-only gathering is different than a family-friendly night-in. Make sure to think through what makes sense for your guests. Additions like a mimosa bar can be a conversation starter for an adult crowd while a craft or play area in the living room will ensure the children stay busy.
- Incorporate some holiday fun into your plans! The fun part of holiday entertaining starts with planning special holiday activities. While grandparents are in town, get the kids involved in baking by setting up a cookie decorating station at the kitchen island. Having some fun, festive games like pin the nose on Rudolph ready will help you keep the fun going all season long.
With the above tips, you’re sure to have your home ready to enjoy a holiday season full of happy memories to cherish for years to come. Happy hosting!
Morning Room in Raleigh/Durham