You know about Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but what are your plans for November 27th?
From helping a neighbor to donating blood to advocating for a cause, there are so many ways to give back on #GivingTuesday. Start thinking now about how you're planning to give back on November 27th. Get ideas for how to participate. Research causes, make arrangements, then set yourself a calendar reminder to give BIG for #GivingTuesday.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Give Your Time: Volunteer. Go to StanleyMartin.com/Giving for some great organizations in your town that are looking for volunteers.
- Follow for good: For every new Instagram and Facebook follower added to Stanley Martin Homes between 11/14 and #GivingTuesday, Stanley Martin will donate $1 to one of the organizations described below (up to $1,000 to each organization). Click on either to get straight to our page!
- You can always make a donation. We can make your donation go even further. Donate to one of the charities below and Stanley Martin will match all donations up to $10,000 total.
- Shop for good: Raise money for charities when you shop online by using platforms like AmazonSmile or ShoppingGives.
- Give your talent: Use your skills to help a nonprofit with anything from finance to legal help to marketing.
- Help your neighbor: Pay it forward. Hold a door. Spend time with an elderly or lonely neighbor. Simply Smile!
- Give your voice: Sign a petition. Call your local elected official. Advocate for a cause that matters to you.
- Teach your kids to give back: Talk about the importance of giving and spreading kindness.
At Stanley Martin, we believe in investing in the communities in which we build. Because November is National Homelessness Month and in the spirit of giving back, we are excited to match the donations made by all from 11/14 through #GivingTuesday to the following local organizations that provide aid to those in need of shelter:
- Albemarle Housing Improvement Program (Charlotesville)
- Chris 180 (Atlanta)
- Habitat for Humanity in Wake County (Raleigh)
- HomeAgain (Richmond)
- Home Builders Care Foundation (Maryland)
- Northern Virginia Family Services (NOVA)
- One80 Place (Charleston)
- HomeAid (NOVA)
Guest Room in New Homes for Sale in Richmond