When the leaves are falling and the weather is crisp, there’s nothing more enticing than a cozy day of pampering yourself. Take care of yourself this fall with a mental health day to relax and rejuvenate after this summer. Here are 5 self-care tips and tricks to help you with your next “me day.”
- Set the mood with a fall scent. Bring on the pumpkin spice and cinnamon candles! Create a relaxing mood almost instantly by lighting a candle and letting the scents of fall take over your home. Outside of creating ambiance, a candle can also increase your focus, alleviate stress or even help bring back memories! You can also get crafty and create your own fall candle using a premade mix or by combining wax with some spices from your kitchen.
- Cuddle up with your favorite warm drink. Whether its tea, coffee, cider or hot cocoa, there is something amazingly soothing about sipping on your favorite hot beverage. Take some extra time to sit quietly and relax with your warm cup on the couch wrapped up in a blanket or by a crackling fire. This is a great way to start or end a busy day and practice mindfulness while doing absolutely nothing.
- Pumpkin face mask. Treat yourself to an in-home, fall spa night with a homemade face mask. The ingredient of the season, pumpkin, has tons of benefits for your skin including brightening skin tone, hydrating dry skin from windy days and more. When you’re done carving your pumpkin, don’t throw out the insides – mix it with honey and lemon for a pumpkin-honey mask that smells just as amazing as it will make your skin look.
- Pamper yourself! While you’re letting your pumpkin face mask soak in, keep the spa vibes going with even more seasonal at-home beauty treatments. Use any leftover face mask and add yogurt and coconut oil to transform it into a softening and hydrating hair mask. Just rinse out when you wash off your face mask and you’ll be treated to smooth (and great smelling) hair. Wrap up your fall-inspired spa day with a pedicure featuring the colors of the season like dark merlot reds, deep oranges and navy.
- Gratitude journal. Thanksgiving is around the corner, but you can make your day of thankfulness last all season long. A gratitude journal is a great way to keep your head up when everything in the world seems to be spinning. Dedicate a journal and find a few minutes each day to jot down three things you are grateful for that day. Maybe it was a delicious meal, catching the sunset on your deck or just a good afternoon with friends. Finding a few things to delight in each day will help you dwell on the good rather than feed into stress and anxiety.
We hope this list inspires you to take some time for yourself this fall. Everyone needs a self-care day from time to time and here is your invitation to take one!
Welcome Home in Raleigh/Durham