1. Start by getting rid of unused and old items. The less items you have to move, the quicker you can move them!
2. Begin to collect boxes, bubble wrap and old newspapers to cushion your valuable belongings.
3. Think about what perishable food you have in your fridge and freezer and start eating them so you aren't carting around fresh and frozen items.
4. Pack your non-essential items first including: books, non-seasonal clothing, DVDs, etc.
5. Arrange for your mail to be forwarded to your new address.
6. Use the bigger boxes for the lightest objects. This will prevent the bigger boxes from becoming too heavy to lift.
7. Label your boxes for each room. You can use sharpie, colored tabs with a key sheet, or smart move packing tape!
8. Put moving essentials in a clear plastic container for easy access - this includes nails and parts for furniture to assemble in your new home. You can put the nails and screws in plastic bags and label them as such.
9. Label all electronic cords with a small piece of duct tape and wrap them so they don't get tangled.
10. Last but not least - thank those who helped you move!
Tips and Helpful Hint Pinterest board!
The Study in New Homes For Sale in Raleigh, NC